Work Experience –
Home Department, Government of Odisha
- Collector and DM Sonepur (2018 – 2019)
- Collector and DM Boudh (2014 – 2018)
- Collector and DM Nayagarh (2013 – 2014)
- Director, Rehabilitation & Resettlement, Department of Water Resources, Government of Odisha (2013 – 2014)
- Private Secretary to Hon’ble Speaker, Odisha Legislative Assembly (2009 – 2012)
- Undersecretary, Science & Technology Department, Government of Odisha (2004 – 2008)
- Private Secretary to Government Chief Whip, Odisha Legislative Assembly (2000 – 2004)
- Officer on Special Duty, Revenue Control Room (1996 – 2000)
- Block Development Officer, Kakatpur (1993 – 1996)
- Tahasildar, Kakatpur (1990 – 1992)
- Assistant Settlement Officer, Jeypore (1987 – 1990)
- Lecturer, Political Science, Khordha College (1985 – 1986)
- Lecturer, Political Science, Jatni College (1983 – 1985)
- MPhiI (Chinese Foreign Policy), School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Post Graduation, Political Science (Special Paper – Modern Indian Political Thought), Faculty of Arts, Delhi University
- BA (Hons), Samanta Chandrasekhar College, Puri
- Rai Chakradharpur High School, Puri
- Teaching the new generation and youth about good governance & better administrative practice
- Keeping myself updated about recent developments in Revenue Laws and Revenue Administration, Panchayatraj, Education and Urban Development Policies
- Special interest for upliftment of PWDs (Person With Disabilities), Women Empowerment and giving justice to Nirman Shramika.
Achievements in District Administration –
Received a letter of appreciation as Collector & DM, Nayagarh from the then CEO Odisha, Dr Mona Sharma (IAS) for my outstanding performance in conducting Simultaneous General Election 2014, although this district was affected by LWE activists.
BOUDH (Personal involvement and Government acceptance)
Construction of Dhalpur Bridge (a high level bridge with 3km length connecting Dhalpur to Athamalik) which was a direct link from Angul to Berhampur, Model Degree College, New Collectorate Building, New Circuit House Building, Onion and Garlic Research Centre, New District Court Building, foundation stone for Modern market complex in Boudh, foundation stone for Marjakud Bridge over river Mahanadi connecting two urban wards of Boudh NAC (a dream of the people of Marjakud), Shifting of jail to new building and handover of old jail land to DHH, Boudh for further expansion, Drinking water project of Boudh NAC, Widening of town road, Boudh, 3 Model School Buildings with hostels, JMFC court building, Kantamal, ICDS office building, Kantamal, identified illegal settlement of government land to the tune of 2000 acres and gradual resumption to government khata, 22MW Solar Power Plant, Boudh Distillery unit, 100% electrification, no 1 position, thrice, taking 50 parameters under consideration in development, 1000 acres of land handed over to Railway Authorities for Khurda – Bolangir railway line.
In 2017-18, Boudh was selected for an award at the National level on MGNREGs. Besides, 3 GPs of Boudh were also selected for national award and 1 GP for state award for overall performance. Other innovation like student saving scheme, 100% enrollment in schools, scheme for Boys and Girls, delivery of ROR and RSD at the doorstep and collection of Grievance Petition from the villages were taken up.
During my tenure, 99% lands handed over to Railway Authority for Khurda – Bolangir railway line except Forest Land,construction of Railway Bridge over river Suktel, Nibruta Nala and finalization of tender for Tel Railway Bridge, hand over the land for DHH and cosntruction of MCH at Sonepur.
Sonepur district achieved commendation in Health Sector for doing considerable good work for reduction of malaria cases in the district. 3 of its CHCs and 3 PHCs got Kayakalpa Award for outstanding work like cleanliness, hygeine and infection control in the hospital including quality care. In Sonepur, we had created a model for payment of Old Age pension which was highly appreciated by the State Government. Besides, in the field of Child Marriage and facilities to PwDs, Sonepur was awarded at the state level. Recently, Odisha has been Honoured with “Best Electoral Practices Award” at the national level as the best state in election management where my contribution as Collector and DM Sonepur as DEO needs recognition as the simultaneous General Election 2019 in the district was absolutely peaceful with 81% record turnout of voters.
Besides, the entire patch of 30km of land for Khurda – Bolangir Rail Link project was also Acquired and handed over to Railway Authority. Land allotted for construction of District Auditorium, Widening of Sonepur Urban area road, Drinking water project under Sonepur Municipality; Construction of central school building and opening of class XI & XII. Construction of ring road, declaration of Chudakhai Hill as Tourist place of interest, 100% electrification, Student Saving Scheme, 100% enrollment of students, opening of Help Desk in all offices, installation of CCTV and Biometric Attendance were the major achievements during my tenure.